For the first time this year, we hosted round table discussions at Transport Ticketing Global allowing our audience to engage with like-minded peers and explore the most important challenges and opportunities for the smart ticketing community. This was an opportunity to dive deeper into key topics, share case studies and hear how transport operators and authorities around the world are innovating and bringing value to their passengers.
Led by an independent expert, each hour-long round table discussion welcomed up to 12 participants and, in some cases, a relevant solution provider.
Unlike other session formats, all participants were encouraged to join the conversation, share their experiences and challenges.
To encourage open discussion, these private round tables follow the Chatham House rule - participants are free to use information from the discussion but are not allowed to reveal who made any particular comment.
Here are some fo the topics explored during this year's discussions:
- How can the industry update legacy systems and ageing infrastructure to meet the needs of passengers today?
- Revenue protection: establishing a combined approach to tackling fare evasion
- ABT – the challenges from definition to implementation and what does it mean for the future evolution of ticketing
- Open loop vs closed loop systems – weighing up the pros & cons
- Will MaaS ever become reality? Steps to delivering seamless mobility
- Delivering a mobile-first ticketing strategy: QR, virtualized cards, mobile apps and mobile top-ups
- Investing in a better passenger experience through real-time passenger information and journey planning
- Delivering integrated ticketing – overcoming the challenges of technical integration and selecting a commercial model
Exploring Challenges for Creating Seamless and Integrated Urban Mobility: A Mastercard City Possible Workshop
ABT – the challenges from definition to implementation and what does it mean for the future evolution of ticketing
Investing in a better passenger experience through real-time passenger information and journey planning
How to participate
Spaces in each round table session are limited but we will do our best to accommodate as many people as possible throughout the event.
To take part in next year's round tables you will need to register to attend Transport Ticketing Global. When prompted during the booking process, select the round table topics you are interested in. In the lead-up to the event, our team will contact you to confirm your place.
Please note that registration for the 2024 edition isn't open yet but for now, you can register your interest below.
Register Interest in 2024
Please note that round table discussions are only available to transport operators, authorities and government attendees.
Sponsor a Round Table
Get in touch with our team to find out how you can sponsor a round table discussion at Transport Ticketing Global 2024.
Book your Ticket
Join the global smart ticketing & mobility community at Transport Ticketing Global in March 2024.
Meet the Speakers
Browse the full list of expert speakers that took to the stage at this year's show.
Join even more industry titans on stage and help shape the future of smart ticketing & mobility at Transport Ticketing Global 2024
Apply to Speak
Share your story and take to the Transport Ticketing Global stage alongside the most influential smart ticketing leaders and experts.
Think you've got what it takes?
Suggest a Topic
Help shape this year's conference agenda by suggeting a topic or speaker. What are your greatest challenges? What keeps you up at night? Who do you want to see on stage this year?