28 June 2022
Millennium Gloucester Hotel
Celebrating the smart ticketing & mobility industry's greatest achievements
Over the last decade, we have seen the smart ticketing industry grow and develop all thanks to the hard work, innovation and collaborative efforts of our community. For the tenth annual Transport Ticketing Awards, we were delighted to be back, live in London to celebrate the achievements of our community.
After two particularly challenging years, it was fantasic to welcome our community back and recognise the incredible work done around the world to keep passengers safe and moving.
The winners were announced during the 2022 Transport Ticketing Gala Dinner & Awards ceremony on 28 June.
Transport Ticketing Awards Categories
The category recognises a digital champion who has gone over and above to revolutionise passengers’ digital journeys. Whether through an app or website, who has changed how customers are able to receive travel information, plan their journey end-to-end and pay by flexible means? This award is open to individual organisations or partnerships that are responsible for developing or operating a digital service that makes access to transport and fares simple for all passengers.
Most Innovative Customer Serving Operator
This category looks to celebrate an initiative that has positively changed how passengers interact with public transport. This can include: new service offerings and ways of helping customers access public transport; innovative fare structures to make transport accessible and encourage ridership; marketing campaigns that have helped drive the adoption of new types of ticketing; and initiatives that make passenger journeys easier to plan and execute.
Best Smart Ticketing Programme
(<200k Daily Journeys)
This award recognises a public transport operator or public transport authority and their technology partner(s) that have launched a successful smart ticketing programme in the last 2 years. The network to which the programme applies should serve fewer than 200,000 daily journeys. The award will take into account user-adoption, duration, sustainability and any other factors that make the project stand out.
Best Smart Ticketing Programme
(200k+ Daily Journeys)
This award recognises a public transport operator or public transport authority and their technology partner(s) that have launched a successful smart ticketing programme in the last 2 years. The network to which the programme applies should serve 200,000 or more daily journeys. The award will take into account user-adoption, duration, sustainability and any other factors that make the project stand out.
Best MaaS Initiative
This category is for an authority or operator who has deployed an active MaaS initiative that is in use. The award will take into account service adoption, consumer experience and innovative approaches to enabling MaaS.
Ticketing Enabler of the Year
This category is to recognise an enabling solution that supports ticketing innovations across the industry. The award recognises standards, open-source technology, SoC, integration platforms, fintech and payments solutions, or other technologies that enable a more connected and open approach to fare collection.
Rules for submission
- Only nominations with all details of the submission completed by the deadline will be entered into the awards
- Companies are allowed to nominate themselves, clients or partners
- The Awards are free to enter and companies are allowed to enter multiple categories however, each entry must be unique. In the case of an entry being submitted to more than one category, the organiser reserves the right to re-allocate the entry to another category or remove the entry altogether.
- The organiser reserves the right to move an entry to a different category if, in the opinion of the organiser, the entry is a better fit for an alternative category. If an entry is moved, the organiser will give reasons for the move.
- Shortlisted companies must ensure a representative from their organisation is present at the event
- Solution providers must attend and/or sponsor the Transport Ticketing Awards online ceremony